The safety, health and well-being of all campus community members and visitors is our primary commitment.
Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Visit this official Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
This page will be updated on an as-needed basis during summer 2021.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
- Cal Poly COVID-19 Dashboard
Detailed data on Cal Poly's on-campus testing and positive cases
View case numbers in San Luis Obispo County, California and the U.S.
Updated Sept. 21, 2021
- 9/20/21 - Welcome Home Mustangs!
- President Armstrong welcomes students back and reminds them to follow COVID-19 protocols. Read the full message.
- 9/13/21 - Campus Pass Guidance for Fall Quarter
- All student accessing campus in fall quarter will be required to obtain a campus pass. Here are some suggestions for faculty and staff on how to use this tool. Read the full message.
- 9/9/21 - Employee COVID-19 testing available Sept. 10
- Cal Poly employees can once again participate in the university's saliva-based COVID-19 testing method on campus. Read the full message.
Face Coverings Requirements for Campus Activity
Cal Poly requires all students, employees and visitors accessing any indoor facility on campus to wear a face covering, regardless of their vaccination status.
Students, employees and visitors to campus may be outside without a face covering, regardless of their vaccination status.
For more information, visit Stay Healthy.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
All SLO County community members ages 12 and older, including Cal Poly students and employees, are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Campus Health and Wellbeing offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments to Cal Poly students at the Health Center (No. 27) on campus.
More appointments are available through local public health department sites, some local pharmacies and other providers. Learn more on our COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Cal Poly Roadmap
For updated information on campuswide operations and more during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the Cal Poly Roadmap page.