The safety, health and wellbeing of all campus community members and visitors is our primary commitment.
Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Please visit this official Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
As of 7/15/20
Cal Poly: 15 (9 in SLO County)*
San Luis Obispo County: 1,112
United States: 3,416,428
*To date, Cal Poly is aware of 15 students, faculty or staff members with confirmed COVID-19 tests.
Weekly Campus Updates
Week of July 12 - July 19, 2020
- 7/15/20 - San Luis Obispo County announced that the California Department of Public Health has ordered the closure of several industries in the county starting July 16, including gyms, hair salons, other personal care services, and places of worship, among others.
- 7/13/20 – San Luis Obispo County announced that the state Department of Public Health has ordered the closure of several industries throughout the state, including indoor and outdoor operations for bars, breweries, pubs and brewpubs.
- Spring Term: All virtual courses and engagement; no in-person events
- Summer Term: All virtual courses and SLO Days orientation programming; other engagement events to be determined
- Fall Term: Classes scheduled to start Sept. 14; Fall term registration opens June 29. Final day of in-person classes will be Nov. 20, with classes converting to all-virtual instruction and finals for the remainder of fall term.