Did you test positive for COVID-19?
We are here to support you. Use the links below to access resources and reporting information.
The safety, health and well-being of all campus community members and visitors is our primary commitment.
Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Visit this official Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
- Cal Poly COVID-19 Dashboard
Detailed data on Cal Poly's on-campus testing and positive cases
View case numbers in San Luis Obispo County, California and the U.S.
Updated June 9, 2022
- 6/9/22 - COVID-19 Update: Planning for Summer and Fall
- Cal Poly will continue similar protocols for summer term, including a pre-arrival test and ongoing testing for students not up to date on vaccinations and boosters. The indoor mask mandate will be lifted June 13. Read the full message.
- 6/8/22 - Spring Commencement Information
- Cal Poly's Spring Commencement will be held June 11-12. Find health and safety information for graduates and guests on the Commencement website.
- 5/30/22 - Mask Mandate Returns May 31
- Cal Poly will reinstate its indoor mask mandate for all campus facilities, effective Tuesday, May 31, through Sunday, June 12, at a minimum. This change applies to all students, employees, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status. Read the full message.
- 5/26/22 - Update on COVID-19 from SLO County, Continued Precautions Urged
- Campus community members are asked to continue taking precautions as recommended by San Luis Obispo County's Health Officer. Read the full message.
Face Coverings Requirements for Campus Activity
Cal Poly strongly recommends, but does not require, masks be worn indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are still required for all in health care settings.
Our experts continue to recommend surgical masks, KN95s, and N95s as the standard for our community. Cal Poly continues to make N95s and surgical masks available to all students and employees at the University Union, Kennedy Library, and Recreation Center.
For more information, visit Face Coverings.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The CSU's systemwide COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires a vaccine booster shot for all eligible students and employees.
Cal Poly changed its definition of “fully vaccinated” to include a booster for eligible students. Students will be considered fully vaccinated if they have completed their primary vaccines series and received a booster. Learn more on the COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.
Employees should upload proof of their vaccination and booster. The deadline for employees to update their booster information varies by bargaining unit, and the latest information can be found here.
Rite Aid clinics will offer COVID-19 vaccines and boosters on campus over the summer. More appointments are available through local public health department sites, some local pharmacies and other providers. Learn more on our COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Cal Poly Roadmap
For updated information on campuswide operations and more during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the Cal Poly Roadmap page.