The safety, health and wellbeing of all campus community members and visitors is our primary commitment.
Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Please visit this official Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
As of 8/7/20
Cal Poly: 20 (13 in SLO County)*
San Luis Obispo County: 2,093**
United States: 4,858,596
*To date, Cal Poly is aware of 20 students, faculty or staff members with confirmed COVID-19 tests.
** The county has been alerted by the state that issues with the electronic system for lab records is causing a statewide delay in case reporting.
Weekly Campus Updates
Week of August 3 - August 9, 2020
- 8/7/20 – President Armstrong shared a message with the campus community after the state of California released guidance for higher education institutions. Visit Campus Updates to read his Aug. 7 message.
- 8/7/20 – Cal Poly Athletics announced that the Big Sky Conference will postpone its football season until spring.
- Spring Term: All virtual courses and engagement; no in-person events
- Summer Term: All virtual courses and SLO Days orientation programming; other engagement events to be determined
- Fall Term: Classes scheduled to start Sept. 14; Fall term registration opens June 29. Final day of in-person classes will be Nov. 20, with classes converting to all-virtual instruction and finals for the remainder of fall term.