Academic Programs, Support and Advising


The Mustang Success Center is in full operation virtually, offering both drop-in advising and appointments via Zoom. Its website is

All college advising centers are operating virtually via Zoom. Please check your college advising center’s website for details.

College of Architecture and Environmental Design Advising

College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences Advising

College of Engineering Advising

College of Science and Mathematics Advising

College of Liberal Arts Advising

Orfalea College of Business Advising

Writing and Learning Support for Virtual Students

Cal Poly's Writing and Learning Center is offering virtual tutoring sessions in over 250 courses and subjects, for which students can sign up here. The center also offers drop-in Zoom hours to support students with their math, statistics, and mechanical engineering courses, accessible here.

Anyone with requests for individualized academic support in courses or subjects not already offered can contact Writing and Learning Center services are free for all Cal Poly students.

Supplemental Workshops and Study Sessions

Spring quarter supplemental workshops concurrent with science and math courses, and study sessions associated with specific science, math, and engineering courses, will be held virtually via Zoom. For more information on how to register for supplemental workshops and study sessions, click here.

Robert E. Kennedy Library

The library has placed all its resources and services online for students to access and utilize, including its databases, ebooks, and research tools. Please note that the entire physical library is closed until further notice. All the library’s virtual resources can all be found at

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is operating virtually and can be contacted through its website at Additionally, information related to registration, waitlists, classes and more can be found below.

I am enrolled in an Asynchronous class. If I am not required to log in for class instruction during established meeting days and times, how will I complete my final exam?

Your final exam date and time will be specified on your class syllabus or provided by your instructor at the start of the term. You should communicate directly with your instructor for more information. All spring 2020 final exams will be offered virtually.

I am enrolled in a Synchronous class. When will my final exam be offered?

Your final exam will be offered per the published spring 2020 final exam scheduleAll spring 2020 final exams will be offered virtually.

How long will I have to change the grading basis of a class? (for example, changing to Credit/No Credit)

  • You will have the option to change the grading basis of your class in your Student Center until the end of day on June 5th, the final day of instruction.
  • Students are highly encouraged to speak to their advisor before changing their grading basis to Credit/No Credit.
  • Please remember that undergraduate students will need a C- or above in order to receive a grade of Credit in a Credit/No Credit course. Graduate students will need a B- or above in order to receive a grade of Credit.
  • Please note that your Expected Academic Progress (EAP) will be updated on April 20 based on your spring enrollment. In order to maintain EAP accuracy and ensure that you are receiving the earliest possible fall registration appointment, we highly recommend waiting to change your grading basis to Credit/No Credit until after April 20. Changing your grading basis before April 20 may negatively impact your EAP and fall registration appointment.
  • All students will be prevented from changing their grading basis to Credit/No Credit from April 15, 11:59 p.m. to April 20, 8:00 a.m. while the Expected Academic Progress process runs.

Will taking a course (that is normally a graded course) as Credit/No Credit in spring quarter count towards typical Credit/No Credit limits?

Any Credit/No Credit-selected courses you complete during spring 2020 will NOT be counted toward the following limitations:

  • The 16-unit overall limit of Credit/No Credit-selected courses you may take during your career at Cal Poly
  • The 4-unit limit of Credit/No Credit-selected courses you may take in GE courses
  • The maximum of one-third of Credit/No Credit-selected courses allowed in a minor.

During spring 2020, you will be able to select any GE courses for Credit/No Credit grading; you are highly encouraged to speak with your academic advisor before selecting Credit/No Credit grading for GE courses.

Additionally, during spring 2020, you will be able to select any minor courses for Credit/No Credit grading. 

Each department has its own policy on whether or not Credit/No Credit courses may be used to fulfill major or support courses. Departments are currently determining if exceptions will be made in spring 2020. 

Information on major Credit/No Credit policies for Spring 2020 can be found here, this page will be updated regularly.

*If a class fulfills both a major/support and a GE requirement, it will be subject to the Credit/No Credit allowances of the major. Speak with your advisor before making any grading basis changes in spring 2020. 

Transfer Center

The Transfer Center is open virtually to support incoming and current transfer students and offers virtual drop-ins via Zoom Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. Learn more about the spring quarter, get tips on how to navigate virtual learning, learn ways to find community, get connected to campus resources, and more. You can also email for an appointment.

Visit the Transfer Center website and follow the Transfer Center on Instagram for up-to-date information, resources, support, and Transfer Center virtual events and programs.

Office of Equal Opportunity

The Office of Equal Opportunity continues to offer full service to students, faculty and staff, remotely and by appointment, through Zoom videoconferencing and/or telephone. To schedule an appointment and find more information, visit the Office of Equal Opportunity website.

Graduate Education

The Office of Graduate Education continues to offer its full range of services to students virtually. Visit its website for more information.

Cal Poly International Center

The International Center is operating virtually and continuing to serve international students and scholars, as well as answer questions about study abroad. Visit the International Center website for more information.

Academic Programs and Support FAQs 

How can I access course reserves?

You can search online course reserves through the Kennedy Library. Your professor may request electronic course reserves, if they haven’t already done so.  

How can I check out books from the library?

There is no physical check out of library collection materials or physical interlibrary loan while we are under a shelter-at-home order. The library will re-evaluate once the state and county orders are lifted.  

Related Content