In response to Governor Newsom’s directive, County Health Department, Center for Disease Control and California State University recommendations, the below event protocols have been extended until Sunday, May 10, 2020.
- Cancellation or postponement for all events with attendance or participation of 11 or more.
- Suspension of all club sports and intramural sports to ensure student athlete safety.
- All activities that include dance are canceled.
- All events that include activities requiring close proximity to another individual are canceled.
Small Event Guidelines
When making a decision about events with attendance or participation of under 10 individuals, please carefully consider the following:
- Can the goals and outcomes of an event be accomplished through alternative modalities of communication that do not require in-person engagement?
- Will intended audience members be traveling via air to attend the event, in particular on flights that will be of longer duration?
- Are guests/participants traveling from areas outside of San Luis Obispo County?
- Will intended audience members or meeting participants be member of target populations considered to be at increased risk of susceptibility to COVID-19 infection?
- Does the event sustain core institution mission activities?
If you plan to continue with an event, please follow the following safety measures:
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; or cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice preventive behaviors (e.g., providing hand sanitizer, tissue, etc.).
Out of an abundance of caution, the university has postponed in-person commencement and will look to an alternate form of recognizing our graduates. For additional commencement-related information as it becomes available, please visit the Cal Poly Commencement website.