Fall 2020 Checklist
The Fall 2020 Checklist page features information on:
- Important Fall Dates to Remember
- Technology Support
- Advising and Accommodations
- Campus Health and Safety Protocols
- Student Support and Wellbeing
- Facilities and Spaces
- Housing, Food, Textbooks and Transportation
Important Fall Dates to Remember
Testing and Training Requirements
Cal Poly is requiring all students who live and participate in on-campus activities provide a negative test result for COVID-19. For additional information, visit the COVID-19 testing page.
- Tech Support for Learning Remotely
Visit the Information Technology Services for Zoom conferencing, Canvas and additional technical support.
- Tech rentals
Students in need of a laptop should complete the online Tech Rental Form.
- Financial support for technology needs
Please email the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
Advising and Accommodations
- Academic advising
Incoming first-year students should contact the Mustang Success Center for virtual support; incoming transfers and continuing students should contact their college advising centers.
- Requesting student accommodations
Visit the Disability Resource Center for additional information. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
Campus Health and Safety Protocols
The university is taking additional cleaning and sanitation steps throughout our facilities. Please help keep our community safe by complying with the following protocols:
- Campus will be restricted to students attending academic functions and employees.
- Anyone on campus must wear face coverings and practice physical distancing.
- Non-residents are not allowed to enter residence halls or apartments.
- Cal Poly-affiliated events and gatherings — whether on or off campus — should be virtual for Fall 2020.
- Cal Poly Police and other public safety services never stop working. They are here to serve and support you.
Failure to follow campus protocols will result in student conduct action, which could include suspension or expulsion. More information can be found on the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities website.
Student Support and Wellbeing
- Office of the Dean of Students - operating virtually and ready to serve students via email and video/phone support.
- Basic Needs support – for Cal Poly Cares grants, the Cal Poly Food Pantry, supplemental food support and more.
Facilities and Spaces
- ASI-managed facilities – The Cal Poly Recreation Center outdoor area, Lower Sports Complex, Doerr Family Field, and first floor of the Julian A. McPhee University Union) are slated to open at limited capacities with new safety precautions.
- Kennedy Library – Facility remains closed. Library virtual resources and contactless book pickup remain available.
- Study spaces – The university has identified outdoor areas on campus for students to log in for online classes or study, while practicing physical distancing and other safety protocols.
- Centers and Hangout spaces – For the safety of our campus and surrounding communities, indoor public gathering spaces will be closed throughout fall quarter.
Please note – facility hours and operations are subject to change. Please visit these websites for updates.
Housing, Food, Textbooks and Transportation
- For information on first-year, continuing and new transfer student housing, visit University Housing.
- Off-campus housing guide – a comprehensive guide of off-campus housing options, tenant rights, the Renter’s Certificate Program and more.
- Food venues will be open for service with expanded outdoor dining. Contactless ordering and food delivery is also available.
- Textbooks and course materials can be ordered online and shipped to your home for a contact-free experience.
- Student parking permits are available. Resident waitlists begins Aug. 28; Commuter waitlists open Sept. 8
- Information on bike lockers, SLO Transit, Zipcar, Rideshare and more is available through Transportation Services.