COVID-19 Self Screening
Daily Self-Screening Tool & Campus Pass
The COVID-19 Daily Self-Screening Tool is a great way to monitor your daily health symptoms, and can be accessed via the Cal Poly Portal or daily email/text (opt in to receive these on the daily screening page in the portal).
Once you have completed your daily screening, you will receive a daily campus pass. Be prepared to present your campus pass to access facilities, events and services.
Who Needs to Participate?
- All currently enrolled students living on campus and off-campus students accessing campus for any reason (in-person classes, work, services, etc). This includes fully vaccinated students and university employees who are enrolled academically.
- All students living off campus who do not plan to come to campus during fall term are strongly encouraged to participate to monitor their personal health and wellbeing.
How to Participate
Daily screenings must be completed by noon (12 p.m.) or before traveling to campus, whichever comes first. If you do not receive daily screening notifications via email (email@example.com) or text message, access the daily self-screening tool in your Cal Poly Portal.
Getting Your Daily Campus Pass
If you are required to participate in daily screenings, you must complete the self-screening by noon (12 p.m.) or before going to campus, whichever comes first, to receive a campus pass. You can access the self-screening tool via your Cal Poly Portal, or receive a daily email or text message (opt in to receive these on the daily screening page in the portal) with a link to complete your daily self-screening.
Students must be prepared to show their pass upon entering a campus facility such as a classroom, building or office. Each pass will contain a date stamp, good for that day only.
Upon completion, you will receive a response that will serve as your daily campus pass:
|Blue pass||yellow pass||Red pass|
|Pass Type||Certified||Not Compliant||Limited Access||Not Certified|
|What does this mean?||Welcome, Mustangs. You are cleared to access campus.||Hold up. Go get tested right away.||Sorry, your access to campus has restrictions.||Stop! You are not cleared to access campus.|
|What can I access?||Access all campus facilities with no restrictions.||Access restricted to testing sites, health and safety.||Access restricted to testing sites, university dining for grab-and-go only, health and safety.||Access restricted. No campus access except for health and safety. Residential students are to remain in their assigned Housing space.|
- It will take up to an hour for an uploaded vaccination record or test to be processed. If you upload a vaccination record or test and then immediately complete the daily health screener, you may receive a blue pass.
- Please refresh your campus pass (e.g., go to the COVID-19 Info tab and refresh the screen or re-access the pass via the QR code). The pass should change to green within the hour.
- If you continue to have a blue pass, it may be the case that you are not yet fully vaccinated (14 days after your second vaccination for Pfizer or Moderna or 14 days after your Johnson and Johnson vaccination) and therefore are required to complete ongoing COVID-19 testing. An email will be sent to you once you are considered fully vaccinated and are no longer part of the required-testing group.
- If you believe you have a blue pass in error because you uploaded your vaccination record or test several hours/days ago, are fully vaccinated, and/or think you are in compliance with campus requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Daily Screener” in the subject line.
If you are in Isolation or Quarantine
If you have been notified that you are required to quarantine or isolate, your daily self-screening tool will be temporarily disabled throughout your required quarantine and isolation period. This means that you will not be able to generate a digital screening pass to enter campus, other than your on-campus living quarters.
For more information and resources, visit the Student Quarantine and Isolation Guide page.
- Students should be ready to show this pass upon entering a campus facility such as a classroom, building or office.
- As part of our collective efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, the university requires members of the campus community to comply with all COVID-19 related protocols on campus, including wearing face coverings indoors, completing daily digital symptom self-screenings, and following local ordinances related to gatherings. All students are expected to comply with these protocols.
- In addition, any student found falsifying information may be subject to conduct sanctions, including possible suspension or expulsion from the university. For more information, please visit the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities website.
- Downloadable floor and wall signage via UGS
- Daily Campus Access sign
- Face Coverings Requirement sign
- Student Campus Pass sign
More resources coming soon!