- Student Testing
- Cal Poly provides COVID-19 testing to currently enrolled students through its Campus Health and Wellbeing (for symptomatic students) and through its ongoing testing program (for asymptomatic students).
- → Learn more at Student Testing
- Employee Testing
- Faculty and staff are also invited to use the ongoing testing program for asymptomatic testing only.
- → Learn more at Employee Testing
- Testing Data
- Testing data above reflects only tests administered through Campus Health and Wellbeing or through the university’s ongoing testing program.
- Students and employees also can also access testing via non-university providers off campus. These off-campus tests are not reflected in testing data above.
Please note: Positive tests for employees or off-campus resident students obtained off campus are not reported to Cal Poly unless they require contact investigation or isolation/quarantine actions on campus. These off-campus positive tests are reflected in countywide and community-specific statistics (for their community of residence), available at San Luis Obispo County Public Health Department. On-campus resident students who test positive off campus are reported to the university, for purposes of isolation/quarantine and associated contact investigation.
Isolation, Quarantine, and Quarantine in Place
On-campus resident students who test positive for COVID-19 are placed in isolation in on-campus University Housing facilities and provided with direct dining, laundry and other support services.
Per the CDC, an individual who has tested positive can leave isolation if it has been 10 days since their symptoms first appeared, they haven’t had a fever in at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, and their symptoms have improved.
Students who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days by county health order.
In the event of possible exposures in University Housing facilities, the university can, as a precaution, place floors or sections of buildings on Quarantine in Place for 14 days, in consultation with San Luis Obispo County Department of Public Health.
→ Learn more about Cal Poly’s Isolation and Quarantine procedures.