The safety, health and well-being of all campus community members and visitors is our primary commitment.
Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Visit this official Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
- Cal Poly COVID-19 Dashboard
Detailed data on Cal Poly's on-campus testing and positive cases
View case numbers in San Luis Obispo County, California and the U.S.
Updated Dec. 3, 2021
- 12/3/21 - Winter Break Travel
- Campus Health and Wellbeing shares travel guidance with students and reminders about testing and daily screening requirements. Read the full message.
- 11/2/21 - Update on COVID-19 and Our Campus
- President Armstrong shares an update on fall break (Nov. 22-26) entry requirements, the university's positivity rate and campus vaccination rates. Read the full message.
- 10/7/21 - COVID-19 Employee Testing Program
- Cal Poly's COVID-19 Employee Testing Program begins Oct. 11. Employees who who indicated that they are eligible for a medical or religious exemption for vaccination and those who have not reported their vaccinated status will be required to test. Read the full message.
Face Coverings Requirements for Campus Activity
Cal Poly requires all students, employees and visitors accessing any indoor facility on campus to wear a face covering, regardless of their vaccination status.
Students, employees and visitors to campus may be outside without a face covering, regardless of their vaccination status.
For more information, visit Stay Healthy.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
All SLO County community members ages 5 and older, including Cal Poly students and employees, are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Campus Health and Wellbeing offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments to Cal Poly students at the Health Center (No. 27) on campus.
A Rite Aid clinic is offering COVID-19 vaccines and boosters, and the flu vaccine, on campus in December and January. Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page to learn more and make an appointment.
More appointments are available through local public health department sites, some local pharmacies and other providers. Learn more on our COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Cal Poly Roadmap
For updated information on campuswide operations and more during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the Cal Poly Roadmap page.